If you can’t have dairy or gluten, I have you covered with my easy No-Knead Gluten-Free Bread. Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside. This is what all gluten-free bread dreams are made of. Even if you are not gluten-free, I highly suggest you try this bread because it’s actually softer in texture than my other no-knead bread recipes. When I first made this recipe, I didn’t tell anyone that it was gluten-free, and my family wasn’t able to tell the difference. This is hands down the best gluten-free bread you will ever try.
No-Knead Gluten-Free Bread
Activate The Yeast:
- 1.5 cups warm water (370 ml)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (4 grams)
- ½ teaspoon active dry yeast (2 grams)
- 3 cups gluten-free flour (420 grams) I used Caputo
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 grams)
- Start by adding the first three ingredients to a bowl and stir. Wait five minutes and if it does not activate you have to start the step all over. Make sure the water is warm. If it's too hot or too cold, it may not activate. It should be lukewarm.
- Add the flour and salt to a separate big bowl and stir. Slowly add in the activated yeast mixture and stir until you get the right consistency. You should have a thick sticky dough; it shouldn’t be too wet or too dry.
- Let it rest covered for 5 hours at room temperature away from drafts. Once the dough has risen, flour the counter and pour out the dough. Flour the top of the dough and shape it. No-kneading, just shape it into an oval even dough ball.
- Transfer into ANY baking dish that's lined with parchment paper and put the lid on. If you don't have a lid, you can add double foil on top instead.
- Put the bread in the cold oven, turn the oven to 450F and bake for 40 minutes. DO NOT pre-heat the oven. Put the bread in, turn the oven on, and the start the timer for 40 minutes right away. After 40 minutes, uncover it, and bake for another 30 minutes or less depending on the oven. Let it rest for a few minutes and enjoy. The total baking time will depend on your oven so keep an eye on it.