Jennifer’s Salad. Did you know Jennifer Aniston ate the same salad on the set of Friends with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow for 10 years ? I didn’t either until I researched online. I stumbled upon a People’s article and one from Insiders which I was recently told may have been adapted from ” Ice Cream and Neon Dreams ” blog. This recipe dates back to 2015 and was shared on the Living Proof’s Instagram page. This is not the exact recipe but my take on it since I didn’t have exact measurements to begin with. I don’t follow celebrity news and a lot of my followers said that Jennifer actually had a Cobb Salad for lunch so I decided to share a Cobb salad on my page as well. Regardless of which out of the two salads she enjoyed on the set of Friends, I was happy to share both. If you know me, you know that “Friends” is one of my favourite shows of all time and I know it’s probably yours too. Courtney and Lisa would call the salad she brought “ Jennifer’s Salad ” and it was always on the table at lunch. This salad here is what she calls the perfect salad. I made a few tiny adjustments according to taste as Jennifer never put dressing in hers. You will need:
Jennifer Aniston’s “Perfect” Salad
- 1 cup Bulgur + 2 cups water — cook on the stove as per the directions on the package
- ½ finely diced red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup finely chopped mint
- as many pistachios as you like
- 2 mini cucumbers — 1/2 cup
- chickpeas are optional — I left them out
- handful of crumbled feta
- In a pot on the stove add one cup of bulgur and 2 cups water. Cook the bulgur just like you would cook rice or you can follow the package instructions.
- Finely dice all of your herbs and vegetables and take your time because this should be therapeutic and enjoyable. Add everything to a bowl with the cooked and cooled down bulgur and mix.
- Feel free to add some chickpeas as that was in the original recipe but I felt like leaving them out. I added a touch of olive oil, lemon juice, and salt but feel free to adjust. Enjoy