These healthy breakfast muffins are not only easy, they are absolutely delicious. The other day I was craving muffins so I threw a few ingredients in a bowl and was left with this incredible treat. I had to film them right away and get them out into the world because they are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. These muffins are so versatile and only have a few ingredients that you probably have on hand. You can add any fillings you like such as nuts, berries, or chocolate chips. Feel free to experiment and make these to taste. I personally love enjoying them with some salted butter and honey while they are warm but you can absolutely top them off with extra nut or seed butter or even jam. Feel free to double or triple the recipe as this recipe makes 4 medium sized muffins.
Healthy Breakfast Muffins
- 1 large mashed banana
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup rolled oats I used quick cooking
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Mash one ripe banana, add the egg, natural peanut butter and pure vanilla extract. Give it a stir and add the rolled oats and baking powder.
- Stir again and pour into a muffin tin lined with parchment paper. I get 4 medium muffins out of this recipe so feel free to double or triple it.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until light and golden.
- Enjoy with salted butter or anything you like.