These crispy air-fryer chicken fingers will be your new favourite recipe. So crispy on the outside and cooked to perfection on the inside. This recipe is perfect for back-to-school lunches and just as amazing for adults as well. I usually enjoy these chicken fingers cut into strips on top of my salad, but you can absolutely enjoy them with home made fries, with mashed potatoes, or simply on their own with a side of ketchup. I used my @cosoricooks air-fryer for this recipe which saved me so much time. I love using my air-fryer if I am in a rush, or simply don’t want to deal with a huge mess. As you know frying in oil can be messy and more time-consuming on a busy day, so air-frying takes that away as it uses 95% less oil to achieve that similar crisp.
Crispy Chicken Fingers
- 1 pack of thinly cut chicken fillets (700grams) I bought thinly cut chicken breast fillets and cut each one into strips
- 2 whisked eggs seasoned with salt and pepper
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of grated pamigiano Reggiano cheese
- breadcrumbs mixed with cheese are also seasoned with salt and pepper
- avocado oil spray
- I take each thinly sliced cutlet and cut it into 2-3 strips depending on how big each one is. You can absolutely make them as big or small as you personally like. Take three bowls out and prepare the dredging station in this order: flour in one bowl, whisked eggs in the second bowl, and the breadcrumbs and parmigiano cheese in the last bowl. Make sure to add salt and pepper to each bowl.
- Take each chicken strip and dip it into the flour, shake off the excess, proceed to dip into the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumbs. Continue to do this with each chicken strip until they are all breaded.
- If the air-fryer you have has pre-heating instructions or a pre-heat button, please be sure to do that. Spray each chicken strip with avocado oil spray on each side and place it in the air-fryer basket. Air-fry at 415F for 9-10 minutes flipping them over once halfway through. Enjoy while warm on top of a salad, or as is.