My previous salmon sushi bake recipe went viral, and if you haven’t made it already, I’ll link it in the notes below. One of the most common questions that I received was if I was able to create a recipe make for anyone that couldn’t eat seafood, so I am a woman of my word. I have made the most epic chicken bake cups ever. These chicken bake cups are so incredibly delicious, made in no time at all. You can also find my spicy mayo linked here, but feel free to use any you like. The nori gets nice and crispy when baked, and the perfectly cooked chicken, is a dream. Every bite is heavenly, so I hope you make these at home.
Chicken Bake Cups
- 1 cup of cooked rice I like jasmine rice but sushi rice or short grain also work
- 1-2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar I add it to the rice
- 2 sheets of nori cut into 3.5-inch squares
- 3 thin filets of skinless, boneless, chicken breast I bought them thinly sliced already
- 1 tsp avocado oil or any oil
- salt, pepper, paprika measure with your heart
- heaping tablespoon spicy mayo use just mayo if you don’t like spice
- extra spicy mayo + chives for garnish
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, make sure they are all more or less equal in size. Add it to a bowl with the oil, and seasonings. Add the spicy mayo and stir.
- Rinse ½ cup of dry rice and cook it as per the package instructions. I like to use my rice cooker and I add a nice pinch of salt to the rice to flavour it better. Once the rice is cooked, you can add a small splash of rice vinegar and mix. If you don’t have rice vinegar, you can leave it out.
- Set the cooked rice aside, cut 2 sheets of nori into 6 equal sized squares. Once the nori is cut, add a tablespoon of the sticky rice, and press it down onto each square. Doing this first will soften the nori and make it easy to place in the muffin tin.
- Place each Nori and rice square into a muffin tin insert, and make sure it’s even. Add a tablespoon of the cubed marinated chicken and scoop it on top of the rice into each cup.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400F oven for about 15 minutes. I like to put it on broil the last 60 -90 seconds to get the chicken crispy. Take the sushi cups out of the oven and enjoy with extra spicy mayo on top and chives for garnish.