4 Ingredient Amaretti cookies — without the Amaretto, but just as good. Possibly one of my favourite cookies in the world. I love it more than a chocolate chip, more than oatmeal cookies, more than gingerbread cookies, and more than sugar cookies. They are crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, also so easy to make. This cookie is gluten-free, dairy-free, it doesn’t have yolks, milk, butter, or traditional flour in it so it is definitely a bit cleaner and more inclusive than the rest. This recipe makes 16 cookies so feel free to double it. You will need:
4 Ingredient Amaretti cookies
- 2.5 cups (250 g) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) egg-whites I separated 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract or pure vanilla if you don’t like it
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a bowl, mix the almond flour and sugar and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg-whites until they are white and foamy for about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add in the almond extract (or Amaretto) and whisk for a few seconds. Add the egg-white mixture into your dry ingredients. Incorporate with a spatula or switch to using your hands if you have a hard time. Incorporate everything until you have a nice sticky dough. Once you have a sticky dough you can roll each cookie into balls — take a measuring spoon or small ice-cream scoop and scoop the dough into your hands and roll them.
- Dip each cookie ball into powdered sugar and place them on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie gently with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- You can also roll them into a ball and then roll into a thick short rope and make a half-moon shape and dip in crushed almond slices, and then add powdered sugar on top. You can also make half-moons and leave them plain as well.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until light golden bottoms. Let them cool and place them in a glass Tupperware as they will be delicious even 2-3 days before Christmas. Enjoy and share with your loved ones
These are a 5 star rating. So easy to make and hands down the best Amaretti I have ever had !!
So happy Janet 🙂
can i put chocolate chips in it ????
If you wish but I like it without
Hi can I freeze them? If so how?
yes just let them cool and freeze in a ziplock bag. You can also put pieces of parchment paper in between the cookies if you wish
Literally just made these and they are delicious! I followed the instructions and it couldn’t be easier! Thank you for all of your amazing and simple recipes!
Hiiii Suzy! Thanks beautiful so happy you love them
Can I use the egg yolk as well on these?
egg whites only here
I made them with aquafaba and they turned out amazing!! They just needed a few more minutes in the oven to firm up, 5-7 more in my experience. Thanks for the recipe!
How much aquafaba do you used? Thank you.
omggg yayyy!! please let us all know how much you used
How much Aquafaba did you use?
Very easy to make. And so soft snd delicious. Thank you.
Followed your instructions and used the grams/ml measurements but the eggs were way too much and the dough was almost liquid. I suggest you revise the conversion because it’s totally wrong
I will check everything again. I used US measuring cups for this recipe but I will double check
I found your video on Instagram and immediately thought about making keto/low carb friendly. I used Swerve and carton egg whites. I probably whipped them a little more than you did but they came out so good! The flavor is great! I am going to make these for a cookie gift exchange next month. Thank you for creating and your measurements are spot on. People need to be nicer. Thank you again!
Hi Elena! Omg such KIND words! That means SO much to me! Happy Sunday ❤️
mine are in the oven now, smelling delicious. What is the ideal weight per ball, mine are 30 grams but thinking they should have been more like 20
I didn’t weigh as I do everything by eye but will try to next time
How long will they keep in cookie container or is it best to freeze
Mine are good for 4 days at room temperature in a container. You can definitely freeze the cookies too
easy to make, amazing taste, an instant hit with my family.
What did I do wrong. My dough was all crumbly. Did not stick together. I am sure the recipe is delicious. Want to try again but not sure where I went wrong.
Hi Rose! I wonder if it wasn’t enough egg whites and moisture. Sometimes it depends on the size of the egg, you may have needed more egg whites or a touch less flour
1/2 cup of egg whites is 125 ml
Hi thanks so much definitely a typo that I need to fix asap
Delicious!! I used store bought egg whites and it was the easiest cookie recipe I’ve ever made.
Soooo happy Jennifer
I made these cookies this morning. I can’t believe they’re gluten free. Easy to make and absolutely delicious. I saved the recipe and will be making it again for sure. Thank you!!!
My pleasure Summer. So glad you enjoyed the recipe
I made these this morning. I can’t believe they’re gluten free. Very easy to make and absolutely delicious. I saved the recipe and will definitely be making them again. Thank you!!!
YAYYY! Glad to hear 🙂