This here is home cooking for me, everything I want in a dish and more. My mom and I have been making this dish for as long as I can remember and it’s a go-to in our house. We absolutely love it and pair it with yogurt or our cold cucumber soup which we call “Tarator”. The recipe for the cucumber soup is on my feed or reels tab as well. This here is a very simple dish that requires minimal ingredients and maximum flavour. It is so simple and as you know all of our recipes usually are. In Bulgaria we are known for throwing ingredients in a pot and making a soup or a stew out of it and although this is not traditional it is absolutely outstanding. For this recipe you will need:
Zucchini rice with meat and caramelized onions
- 1 cup dry jasmine rice or long grain
- 2 cups water + salt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil — or any
- 500 grams any ground meat of choice — we love pork or beef
- 1 medium finely diced zucchini
- 1 finely diced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- handful of fresh and finely chopped dill — optional but so good
- Cook the rice as per the package instructions and set aside.
- In a skillet add the oil, and let it heat up
- Add the ground meat of choice with a generous pinch of salt and break it up as you stir for 8-10 min or until golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions and zucchini and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and take it off the heat.
- Finally, you can stir in the fresh dill and enjoy this mixture as IS on fresh bread or add in the rice to have an easy meal on the go. Enjoy