Whose Zucchini is growing out of control? I think I am eating Zucchini for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at this point because all of our family friends are giving us copious amounts of it from their garden. It is Zucchini season my friends and what better way to enjoy it than to make delicious, warm, sweet, and a touch healthier zucchini cake. It is a one bowl wonder and so easy to make. This here is phenomenal with a cup of coffee, and for this recipe you will need:
- 1.5 cups of grated zucchini — 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup of sweetener maple syrup
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or any
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnuts is optional
- 1/4 cup nut milk or any
- 1 egg replace with 1/4 cup apple sauce if vegan
- 1.5 cups of white whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- Leave the skin on your zucchini and grate it.
- Take it in your hands and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Add the zucchini to a bowl with one egg and stir.
- Now add the rest of your wet ingredients and stir. Last but not least add in the dry ingredients and stir.
- Grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Pour it all in and shake the pan side to side so that it distributes evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until a knife or a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 40 minutes exactly but please keep an eye on it.
- Let it cool and enjoy. Store it on the counter wrapped up or covered but it won’t last you long. Enjoy.