Watermelon + Feta is a staple for us back home in Bulgaria. I know a lot of countries have this dish so tell me below your country and how you make it too. We are huge lovers of anything sweet and salty together and this is one combination we always have on the table. The honey or cinnamon are not traditional but my take it on it. You can absolutely feel free to add a tiny drizzle of olive oil to make this more into a “salad” if you wanted to but I don’t feel the need to. I know in a lot of the Middle Eastern countries watermelon and feta is eaten on pita which also sounds absolutely delicious to me too. This is the most perfect refreshing summertime dish that should be on every table. You can absolutely leave the feta out if you are dairy-free and it will be just as delicious too. You will need:
Watermelon Feta Salad
- watermelon cut into small cubes or use a melon baller
- lime wedges — optional
- cubes of feta
- mint leaves
- drizzle of honey
- sprinkle of cinnamon — optional
- To use a melon baller: sink the melon baller fully into the watermelon and hold the scoop flat against the melon, or at a slight angle.
- Press down into the melon until the entire scoop has sunk into it and slowly turn.
- You will get the hang of it within a few tries or cut your watermelon into little cubes with a knife.
- Add the lime wedges, feta cubes, mint leaves and a nice drizzle of honey.
- Sprinkle of cinnamon is totally optional. Enjoy