This is totally worth the hype. You have no idea how happy this viral Custard Toast TikTok trend made me. I was so happy to see it because as you guys know in Bulgaria we make a lot of egg, feta , or yogurt toast and we use these types of bases for a lot of our recipes and dishes. When I saw a sweet version, I was ALL in. No it does not taste “ eggy ” and it totally tastes like custard. I really feel that by adding the Greek vanilla yogurt like I did it makes all the difference than the traditional one. You can add any toppings you love I personally added strawberries and mini dark chocolate chips. This recipe makes 2 toasts and you will need:
Viral Custard Toast
- 1 medium egg
- 1 small container vanilla yogurt — about 3 tablespoons
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup is optional
- 2 pieces of any soft bread you like
- any toppings like berries or chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix the egg, yogurt, and a touch of honey. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper place two pieces of toast and press down with your fingers, a fork, or a spoon to make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the custard mixture into each piece of bread and top it off with anything you love.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until the custard has set.
- Timing will depend on your oven. Let it cool for a few minutes and enjoy.