Have you seen my latest viral butter board video? If you haven’t, you are totally missing out. It’s one of the greatest creations I have ever come across. After the butter board went viral on both Instagram and TikTok, I had to make this creamy goat cheese version for everyone that suggested a cheese version instead of butter. I originally came across the viral butter board video on TikTok shared by Justine Snacks and thought it was brilliant. The original concept is by Josh McFadden so I cannot forget to mention him as well. A goat cheese board is simply a board that you add any softened creamy cheese on, any toppings you like, served with a loaf of fresh bread of course. My board has the most beautiful ingredients and textures on it, and I know you’ll fall in love. My board has flakey sea salt, fresh figs, fig preserve, walnuts for crunch, and hot honey for a little bit of spice. These flavours slathered on a fresh piece of bread will have you and your guests begging for more. This Viral Butter Board With Goat Cheese is perfect for a large gathering or party. You can serve it with lots of fresh bread on the side and individual butter knives for all your guests. It is going to be the most incredible show-stopping board at every party, I can guarantee it.
Viral Butter Board With Goat Cheese
- 1 block 250g of goat cheese (or any creamy cheese you like)
- lemon zest sea salt to taste or use any coarse or flakey sea salt you like
- few dollops fig preserve as much as you like
- two figs cut into round slices
- ¼ cup of crushed walnuts
- drizzle of hot honey or regular honey
- any herbs or edible flowers for presentation are optional I used lemon thyme
- Take the goat cheese and smear it onto a wooden board or plate. Make sure to make it look presentable and layer in swirls on the serving board.
- Sprinkle on the salt, measure everything with your heart. I take my knife and dollop on the fig preserve, add my fig slices and drizzle of hot honey. Add the crushed walnuts and garnish with lemon thyme, herbs of choice, or edible flowers. Serve with fresh bread and enjoy.
I used a small wooden board, but you can use any you have on hand. Mine is 9 inches long by 7 inches wide. If you don’t have hot honey you can use regular honey, make my Easy Hot Honey – The Modern Nonna recipe linked here, or mix honey with chili flakes.