This is my two ingredient Ajvar chicken that you will absolutely love. If you don’t know what “ Ajvar ” is, it’s a roasted red pepper and eggplant spread that we grew up with and love around the Balkans. You can find this spread in any European store or deli, you can also find it in most grocery stores as well in the condiment section. This spread is made from roasted red peppers, oil, eggplant, and sometimes onions and spices. Every country has a different way of making it and in Bulgaria we have our own way of making roasted red pepper spreads as well which we call “ Lutenitza ”. This is a recipe that you can improvise on and a recipe that will save you time in the kitchen. I am always trying to think outside the box and I hope you love this new dish.
Two Ingredient Ajvar Chicken
- 12 boneless skinless thighs — or skin on any cut of chicken works
- salt to taste feel free to add more seasoning if you wish
- 1/3-1/2 cup of mild roasted pepper and eggplant spread which we call “ Ajvar ”
- Season the chicken thighs with salt to taste and add a few heaping tablespoons of the roasted red pepper and eggplant spread.
- Marinate the chicken well with clean hands and make sure it’s nicely coated in the Ajvar spread.
- Bake uncovered at 400F for 40-45 minutes but keep an eye on it.
- Serve with more spread on top and enjoy.