Delicious egg muffin bites with sautéed veggies and turkey bacon. A perfect breakfast, lunch, snack, or even as meal prep. These are so easy to make and incredibly versatile. You can use any veggies you personally love or add cheese as well. Sometimes I make these with feta and spinach and other times I love adding turkey bacon or even little pieces of sausage. Feel free to make them according to taste. You will need:
Turkey Bacon Veggie Egg Muffins
- 9 whole eggs — or egg-whites only
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 diced mini bell peppers
- 1 finely diced onion
- 5-6 slices of finely chopped turkey bacon
- avocado oil spray
- chopped parsley or spinach
- In a pan on medium high heat, sauté the onions, bell peppers and turkey bacon in a little bit of avocado oil — I used avocado oil spray but you can also use 1 to 2 teaspoons of any oil you like.
- Once everything has sautéed for 4-5 minutes take it off the heat.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup whisk nine whole eggs + a dash of salt and pepper. Feel free to use egg whites only as well if you want more protein and less fat.
- Line and spray your muffin tin and add a heaping tablespoon of your sautéed mixture to the bottom of each one.
- Top it off with the eggs and sprinkle on a little bit of finely diced fresh parsley or even spinach.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes depending on your oven so please keep an eye on it.
- These will last for 2-3 days in the fridge and I enjoy mine with a nice big green salad on the side.