These are gone within seconds every single Christmas and I can never make enough. Not only are they so delicious they are also incredibly easy to make. I got 28-30 twists out of this recipe. For this recipe you will need:
Three Ingredient Puff Pastry Nutella Twists
- two 10 by 10 puff pastry sheets
- Nutella or any spread — as much as you like
- 1 egg + tsp of water for the egg wash is optional for colour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Thaw the puff pastry as per the package directions. I purchased a pack of puff pastry that had two 10 x 10” rolls in it.
- Roll out the first puff pastry roll and spread some Nutella on it leaving a very small border. If the Nutella is really hard to spread on you are more than welcome to melted in the microwave for a few seconds just to soften it up.
- Once you are finished spreading it on, add the second puff pastry sheet on top and use a knife or a pizza cutter to make lengthwise strips and then cut across the middle to cut them in half. You don’t have to cut them in half if you want extra long twists.
- Take each strip and twist is with your hands. Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a bowl mix one egg with a little bit of milk or water and lightly brush on each twist or use cooking spray instead.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until golden and flakey. Powdered sugar on top is optional and enjoy.