You all asked me for a seafood dish, so here it is. This is what I call the ultimate seafood feast and it’s made in a delicious tomato sauce with white wine. I highly recommend pairing it with delicious crusty bread or even pasta. This recipe is so versatile because it allows you to use as much or any seafood you personally enjoy. This recipe is incredibly similar to Cioppino which is one of my all-time favourite seafood recipes.
The Ultimate Seafood Feast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 finely diced celery stalk
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- salt pepper, dry oregano to taste
- ½ cup white wine, I used Pinot Grigio any will work or use veggie stock instead
- 2.5 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups water fish stock, or veggie stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 piece of any white fish or salmon that’s cubed
- 12 pasta clams or any small clams that were washed and scrubbed
- 8 jumbo tiger shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 large scallops
- parsley or basil for garnish
- In a skillet with high sides or in a pot add the olive oil and let it heat up on medium heat. Sauté the onions, celery, and garlic for a few minutes until translucent. Add salt pepper and dry oregano to taste and you can taste and adjust later on as well.
- Add the white wine and let it reduce for about a minute or two. Stir in the tomato sauce and water, or you can even use fish stock or veggie stock as well for more flavor. Add a bay leaf, let it come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it second until your desired consistency.
- Mine was perfect after an hour. After the sauce has reduced add the fish, washed and scrubbed clams and let it boil for 2 minutes. Discard any clams that do NOT open up.
- Add the shrimp and scallops and let them go until the clams open up which should take another 3-4 minutes. Garnish with parsley and enjoy with crusty bread or on top of pasta.