Easiest Salmon Skewers. These are the best grilled salmon skewers you will ever taste. If you think dill and salmon is an odd combination, just try it first and then let me know how it was. Dill and salmon go hand in hand and dill is probably one of the most underrated herbs to cook with and one of my favourite herbs to use. We are huge lovers of dill in Bulgaria and use it in many of our dishes. It is such a beautiful and refreshing herb and it goes perfectly with a salmon and lemon marinade like this one. Feel free to use rainbow trout or any fish you like for this recipe. Everything is to “taste” in this recipe and personal preference so please measure with your heart. You will need:
The best-grilled salmon skewers
- 2 pieces of salmon that you cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil — or avocado oil
- salt pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh and finely chopped dill — you can use 1/2 tablespoon of dill weed if you don’t have fresh dill
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon — to taste
- touch of avocado oil or any oil for the pan or grill
- Cut the salmon into equal size pieces. I take the skin off my salmon by cutting it with my knife carefully but if you cannot do this please ask your fishmonger or grocery store to cut off the skin for you.
- Add the equal size pieces to a bowl and season with salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, finely chopped dill, and garlic powder. Massage gently with clean hands and add each piece onto your wet wooden skewer.
- Add a touch of avocado oil or any oil to the grill pan and let it heat up. Place the skewers onto the hot pan and make sure they sizzle.
- Turn them over when you see golden grill marks on each side, the cooking time will take anywhere from 5-9 minutes depending on how you cut them.
- When the fish is nice and light pink in colour and flakes off you know it’s ready. Don’t overcook them as they will continue cooking due to the residual heat. Enjoy