The best Spinach & Strawberry Salad with a dressing I could chug. If you are tired of boring salads, trust me on this one as it will be on rotation. The magic is in the dice and in the dressing. You are more than welcome to adjust ingredients and make it according to your lifestyle. If you are plant-based I would suggest you use regular Dijon mustard and add maple syrup or agave to it instead. This recipe makes one large portion or 2 small. There is no exact recipe as you can add as much or as little veggies as you like. You will need:
Spinach & Strawberry Salad
For the Salad:
- ½ finely diced English cucumber — or any
- ¼ cup of finely diced chives — you can use green onion too
- one bunch of finely sliced baby spinach — about 3-4 cups
- 1 cup of finely diced strawberries — I used 10 strawberries
- 6-7 walnuts are optional⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar — any acidity works
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by chopping all of your vegetables as small as you possibly can. Cut the cucumber in half and make thin slices down those halves and shop across.
- Finely dice the chives, and thinly slice a small bundle of spinach. Slice and dice the strawberries and optionally you can toast some walnuts or pecans on the stove for a few minutes.
- Add everything to a bowl and in a mason jar or a separate bowl you can make the dressing. You can keep tasting and adjusting the dressing accordingly.
- Add olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard with honey and salt and pepper to taste. If you can’t have honey please use regular Dijon mustard and mix it with a little bit of maple syrup or agave.
- Give everything a stir or a shake and pour it on top. Mix and enjoy.