This is everything and more. If you haven’t seen the latest viral trend of @emilymariko ‘s salmon and rice video you must get on it. I took it a step further and actually formed it into sushi and it was the easiest sushi roll I have ever made. I have had this 3 times already and will definitely be on my rotation. If you love sushi you will absolutely fall in love with this recipe. You will need:
Salmon and Rice Sushi Rolls
- piece of cooked salmon
- 3/4-1 cup of cooked rice
- soy sauce to taste
- sriracha is optional
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- few thin strips of cucumber
- 1 sheet of roasted seaweed
- On a plate break up one piece of salmon into little pieces. I cooked jasmine rice the night before but feel free to use sushi rice as well.
- Mix everything with some spicy mayo which is sriracha + mayo and add a splash of soy sauce too.
- Pour everything out into your seaweed sheet and press it with the back of your spoon or your hands. You can even wet your hands a bit so the rice doesn’t stick.
- Roll it up gently and cut into sushi circles with a sharp knife