This one pan meal takes 5 minutes to prepare, and will make weeknight cooking a breeze. Roasted chicken with potatoes and smoked ribs are one of Steve’s favourite meals. The smoked ribs give a very subtle aroma to the whole dish, which in return enhances the flavour of the chicken and potatoes. One pan meals are my favourite as you can toss everything together and let the oven do the rest of the work. You can add any seasonings you enjoy and don’t forget to measure everything with your heart.
Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Smoked Ribs
- 6 chicken drumsticks you can use thighs or legs as well
- 4 medium yellow potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- seasoning to taste I used salt,pepper,paprika,garlic powder, and dry oregano
- 4 smoked back ribs you can also use any smoked meat like bacon as well
- ½ cup of water you can also use unsalted vegetable stock
- fresh thyme or parsley for garnish is optional
- Add the chicken, potatoes, oil, and seasonings to a baking dish. Massage the potatoes and chicken really well. Feel free to use any seasonings you like, you can also use a lemon pepper seasoning, or a chicken and rib seasoning of your choice.
- Nestle in the smoked ribs and make some room on one corner of the baking dish by pushing the potatoes and chicken towards away so we can make room to add in the water.
- Add in the water and give the dish a shake to distribute it evenly. I like to add the water on the corner so that we don’t wash off any of the seasoning.
- Cover it with foil and bake in a preheated 400F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover it and bake for another 30. You can put the oven on broil for the last 5 minutes or so if you want to crisp up the skin but make sure to keep a very close eye on it. Serve and enjoy!
I purchased a rack of smoked ribs at my local European supermarket and cut it into riblets. I went to Starsky’s but you can find smoked ribs anywhere.