Pumpkin season is upon us, and I love anything and everything pumpkin. I was brought up eating roasted pumpkin in the oven with sugar and it’s something you will see in every Bulgarian bakery. I would wake up to the smell of pumpkin every weekend and I knew my grandma was either making her sweet pumpkin phyllo pie or roasting pumpkin in the oven for us to enjoy. These nostalgic memories will hold a place in my heart forever. I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, and anything that has the word pumpkin in it. This latte is not only delicious but incredibly easy to make. It will take you five minutes from start to finish, and two seconds to devour. You can control the sweetness and make it according to taste. In my humble opinion, this Pumpkin Spice Latte is better than any other store-bought one that I have tried. It’s so tasty and so much cheaper to make.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- maple syrup to taste one tablespoon is sweet enough for most people but feel free to adjust
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- brewed espresso or coffee I like espresso
- ½ cup of milk I use 2% but you can use any that froths well
- whipped cream is optional use coconut whipped cream if you are dairy-free
- In a measuring cup or bowl, add the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk well until combined.
- Brew your favourite coffee or espresso and pour it into the measuring cup as well.
- Whisk again until fully combined and pour it into your coffee cup.
- In the meantime, heat up the milk on the stove and take it off the heat.
- I like to froth it with my hand held frother, but you don’t have to.
- Pour in as much milk as you like into the pumpkin coffee and top it off with whipped cream. Enjoy