The best pumpkin pie ever. My recipe is fool proof and so easy. You will never go back to store bought once you start making your own because there is nothing better and easier than this recipe. Yes we are definitely cheating a little using store bought pie crust but we also have a million things to make every year so just make your life easier and use the store bought one because the filling is insanely delicious and trust me, no one will notice. You will need:
- 1 whole egg + 3 egg yolks
- 1 single pie crust of choice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 cups of pumpkin purée
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a big mixing bowl add all of your ingredients and mix them well with a whisk.
- Transfer pie shell to a baking sheet and let it defrost for 15 minutes.
- Once defrosted prick the bottom with a fork. Pour pumpkin filling into the pie shell to the rim and bake it at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees and bake for another 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean about 1 inch from the edge. Mine took a total of 1 hour of baking time.
- If the top of the crust becomes too dark while baking your pie just cover it with a thin strip of aluminum foil — I have never had to do that.
- Let it rest for 1 hour or until room temperature. Serve with fresh whipping cream and store in the refrigerator. It will last you for 3-4 days.
- To make your own whipped cream: add 1 cup of cold whipping cream + 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar or as much as you like to a bowl. Whisk or blend for 1-2 minutes or until stiff peaks. Serve fresh and enjoy.