Today October 26, 2021 is National Pumpkin Day and what better way to celebrate than to make a beautiful pumpkin bread — or cake. This recipe is a one bowl wonder and something I just threw in a bowl today hopping for the best. It is so delicious and if you are not a lover of pumpkin pie spice you can totally leave it out and just cinnamon. For this recipe you will need:
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ cup white sugar — or any
- ¼ cup coconut sugar — or any
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup avocado oil — or any oil
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice — or cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. I like to wet my parchment paper under some water and dry it off with paper towel just so that it’s easy to use.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and pure vanilla extract to a big bowl and stir. At the pumpkin purée and the oil and stir again.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and incorporate with a spatula really well.
- Pour into your loaf pan and bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool, and enjoy.