Absolutely beautiful, delicious and it takes 10 minutes to assemble. It oozes with cheese and hits all the right spots. We are also saving a lot of time by buying store-bought pizza dough but you are more than welcome to make your own. Feel free to leave it plain, stuff it with brie and jam, or nutella even too to make it a sweet Christmas bread instead. The fillings are endless and you can make it with anything you wish. If you are making this Christmas tree into a sweeter version I suggest leaving out the butter and sprinkle it with powdered sugar on top instead. For this recipe you will need:
Pull-Apart Garlic Bread Christmas Tree
- 700 grams store-bought pizza dough
- touch oil + flour
- 23 cubes of mozzarella or any
- 1 egg + tablespoon water which is egg-wash for brushing the top
for the garlic butter
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- ¼ cup grated parm
- 1 garlic clove
- fresh or dry parsley to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Add a little bit of oil to your counter so that the pizza dough can roll out nicely. Place your dough on top and sprinkle a little bit of flour.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin into a nice rectangular shape. Cut out 23 equal pieces and if you have more you can definitely bake those on the side. Take each piece of dough and add a cube of mozzarella or any cheese you like and form into a ball.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper begin to assemble your tree. Add six doughballs, then five, four, three, two, one , and two more for the bottom of the tree as a base.
- Cover it and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes and once it has rested you can brush it with some egg wash or even some avocado or coconut oil if you are egg-free.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes and if it’s not fully golden I like to put mine as I watch it the whole time on broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix and brush it with the garlic herbed butter and enjoy. It’s best enjoyed hot while the cheese is melted but you can also let it cool completely rapid really well leave it in the fridge and re-heat it the following day in the oven. Enjoy.