This apple strudel in my opinion is better than apple pie. I have always been the biggest lover of apples and any apple desserts. Puff pastry is buttery, flakey and absolutely heavenly. For this Puff Pastry Apple Strudel recipe you will need:
Puff Pastry Apple Strudel
- 4-5 apples I used golden and pink lady but you can use granny smith as well
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 sheet of 10 by 10 inch puff pastry
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- In a large skillet on the stove melt the butter. Once melted add the apples, sugar, and cinnamon and stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes until soft on medium heat.
- The apples should have softened and have a bite to them, they should not be mushy. Add the flour and cook it off for a few seconds.
- Transfer to a big bowl or spread onto a baking dish to cool fully. Apple filling must be fully cool.
- When the apple filling is cool pre-heat oven to 400 F. You can also take out your puff pastry from the fridge. Lightly flour your surface and place the puff pastry sheet top.
- Roll it out just an inch on each side. Transfer your puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pour out the cold apple filling in the middle and spread it out leaving just an inch on each side.
- Fold the sides over and pinch the ends as well. Flip it over gently, cut a few slits with a knife and butter the top with a touch melted butter. Sprinkle on some sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Let it cool and enjoy.