Protein Packed Creamy Green Goddess Salad. If this salad doesn’t satisfy or fill you up, I don’t know what will. Hand down the best creamy, protein-packed and refreshing salad ever. This is definitely not a traditional “ green goddess “ dressing but just a play on words to describe how magical it really is. The internet has taken over by storm and green salads are all the talk right now so I decided to make another delicious version of it. You will need:
Protein Packed Creamy Green Goddess Salad
For the Salad:
- drizzle of avocado or olive oil
- 1 small pack extra lean ground turkey or any ground meat you like — 450 grams
- 1 small finely diced yellow onion
- 4 finely diced cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste chili powder or chili pepper is optional
- ½ iceberg lettuce finely chopped — or you can add 1/2 iceberg and 1/2 cabbage
- ½ english cucumber finely chopped⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ jalapeño optional
- ½ of an avocado
- ½ cup parsley
- salt to taste
- splash of cold water if needed
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- In a pan on medium-high heat add the oil of choice.
- Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes until translucent. Add in any lean ground meat of choice and begin to break it up and fry it up until all of the liquid has evaporated and it’s starting to get golden — this takes about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and seasonings to taste, stir for a minute and take it off the heat. Slice and dice the lettuce and do the same for the cucumber.
- Add the lettuce and cucumber to a bowl with any protein you love — I added the ground turkey on top. For the dressing, add everything to a blender and blend. Pour the dressing on top and enjoy as is or with tortilla chips. Shavings of parm are also delicious but optional.