The most delicious Potato Hash and Spinach Breakfast. This 10 minute breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I find myself enjoying a wholesome breakfast like this 3-4 times out of the week. The crispy, but soft potatoes with onions, accompanied by the baby spinach and creamy eggs, are an absolute dream. If you have watched me on stories lately, you may have noticed that I am incorporating more protein and balance into my life, so this particular breakfast has been a game changer. It is perfect for meal prep and can be enjoyed any time of day.
Potato Hash & Spinach Breakfast
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ finely diced onion
- 1 small finely diced yellow potato any potato will work
- 3 whole eggs you can use more if you wish
- small pinch of salt to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons butter if needed oil works as well
- big handful of baby spinach measure with your heart
- Peel the potato, place it horizontally and cut into 5-6 round slices, take each slice and make lengthwise cuts, rotate it and dice into tiny cubes. The smaller the cubes are, the faster the potatoes will cook.
- Peel and dice the onion finely, add a tablespoon of oil to a pan on the stove, and heat it up on medium-high.
- Add the diced potatoes and onion, and add a pinch of salt. You can always taste and adjust for salt after they are cooked.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes as you stir the whole time. Reduce the heat to medium and put a lid on the potatoes. Be sure to check them every minute or so and make sure you stir as well so they don’t burn on the bottom.
- The potatoes should be golden on the outside but soft and creamy on the inside. Once cooked, remove the potato hash from the pan.
- In that same pan scramble the eggs on low heat. I like to move them around with a spatula and make them more creamy. My pan had leftover oil on it, so I didn’t need to add more.
- Once scrambled, add a tiny pinch of salt and remove the eggs from the pan. I wipe the pan clean with a damp paper towel, add a touch of butter and add it back onto the heat. Add the baby spinach and sauté for 1-2 minutes until wilted and cooked. Add a tiny pinch of salt.
- Plate everything together, add feta on top or hot sauce if you wish, and enjoy.