Let me put you onto something, my fun caramelized plant-based roll-ups. These can be made for breakfast or a snack or can be accompanied to have alongside a more filling breakfast or lunch depending on your lifestyle. Now I know my video of the roll-ups went viral and you all loved it but this version here is for my beautiful humans that need to switch things up or cannot tolerate dairy or are living a plant-based lifestyle. These are so versatile and can also be made with any veggies you like. You can use vegan spicy mayo, vegan cream cheese, tzatziki, ranch, or anything your heart desires to make them according to taste or if you are not plant-based. They are so fun for kid’s lunches and for adults too. You will need:
Plant-Based Cucumber Rolls
- English cucumber 10-12 slices
- hummus or any spread
- very thinly sliced raw bell peppers
- few sautéed mushrooms optional
- few thinly sliced sautéed onions
- dill or parsley for garnish optional
- Cut the cucumber in half and cut off the end. Peel the top of the cucumber until it’s even and begin to make strips with your potato peeler.
- Arrange your strips on some paper towel is cucumber holds a lot of water. I pat them down and I line them overlapping one another on some parchment paper. Once you have done that you can add any fillings you love.
- I added hummus, raw thin bell peppers, sautéed mushrooms, and sautéed onion.
- Gently roll it up and secure it with toothpicks. I cut in between each toothpick and serve them. Feel free to season veggies with a little bit of salt and pepper if you want. Enjoy