Have you ever tried pink pasta? If you haven’t, this is your sign! Here, a creamy vegan alfredo sauce takes on a beautiful pink color from red beets. (You can hardly taste the beets—they simply add pretty color and a bit of added nutrition.) This is perfect for Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s, or for any romantic meal. Serve on heart-shaped pasta for a beautiful presentation. My pink pasta happens to be vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and only uses 4 ingredients. If you make it and love it, please let me know below.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic (raw or roasted garlic, if you have this on hand)
- 1 small cooked, peeled red beet, quartered (purchase cooked beets from the store or roast or boil and peel)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 pound (400 grams) pasta of choice (gluten-free optional)
- grated parmesan cheese for dusting
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the soaked cashews to a blender with a pinch of salt, the garlic, the beets, and the filtered water. Blend until smooth.
- Cook your pasta of choice as per the package instructions until al dente. Drain the cooked pasta, add to a serving bowl, and combine with the sauce. Garnish with parmesan and enjoy!
Another DELICIOUS MASTERPIECE!!!
I personally cannot stand beets but I love this Pasta dish. Absolutely no Beet flavour.
It is light, very creamy and most importantly extremely delicious
Another great hit Nonna!!!’
Seems like you cannot fail !!
Thank you so much Taz 🙂
Delicious IF you like beets. The only thing this pasta tasted like was beets and garlic. I even added some almond milk to thin out the sauce. It looked beautiful on our plates this valentine’s day, but unfortunately, the beet flavor was just too strong for my husband. I WILL be trying this without the beets though because I miss creamy pasta in our new dairy-free life.
Thank you for the feedback hun and yes please do try it without beets as it’s even more delicious in my opinion.