Whether you host or are being hosted this is the perfect pasta salad to make at home or bring along with you. It can be made 1-2 days in advance and it’s absolutely perfect every single time. You can make as much as you like and please remember to measure with your heart. For this recipe you will need:
The Best Pasta Salad Ever
- 500 grams any short dry pasta of choice 6 cups approx — I used Fusilli you can use orzo or anything else
- 1 cup pitted olives + 2 tablespoons olive brine
- ½ finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup Bocconcini cheese — leave out if you are vegan
- ¼ cup or more freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon or more of dry oregano
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup or more of olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or to taste
- Boil any pasta of choice as per the package directions and make sure the pasta water is a salty as the seat because it’s your only chance to season the pasta.
- Drain it and let it cool completely it has to be fully cooled down. Add the rest of your ingredients once the pasta is nice and cold and give it a stir.
- Cover it, refrigerate and enjoy. You are more than welcome to adjust or add more olive oil the following day if it feels more dry