Pandoro French Toast. What breakfast dreams are made of Pandoro is an Italian Christmas cake that originated in Verona. It is so light and airy just like a sweet bread. Pandoro is traditionally a star-shaped cake that is dusted with powdered sugar unlike Panettone which is often compared to a fruit cake or a dried fruit sweet bread because it’s traditionally made with raisins and candied fruits but you are more than welcome to use it too. Most countries have their own version of sweet bread or brioche bread so please feel free to use any for this recipe. You can use our Bulgarian sweet bread called “ Kozunak ” , Challah bread, Massa bread, or any other sweet bread or cake you love. This recipe makes 4 slices so feel free to double the egg mixture. You will need:
Pandoro French Toast
- Pandoro or any sweet bread — fresh or stale works
- 2 large eggs
- splash of any milk
- pinch of cinnamon or as much as you like
- unsalted butter for the pan — oil works as well
- Take any sweet bread you like and cut it into slices. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, milk, and cinnamon to taste.
- Dip each slice and lightly coat it on each side. In a skillet on medium heat, melt the butter and make sure it’s shimmers. Place in a slice and cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy with any toppings of choice such as maple syrup, whipped cream, fruits, icing sugar, or simply enjoy it plain as it will be absolutely delicious. Enjoy and please share this recipe with your loved ones.