This is what fall and winter dreams are made of. The perfect Holiday treat and a must on the table. This is my take on baked brie with hazelnuts and fig jam. Absolutely a perfect combination of flavours and everything I like in recipe. If you know me, you know I am a lover of sweet and salty together and this hits all the right spots. For this Oven-Baked Hazelnut and Fig Brie recipe you will need:
Oven-Baked Hazelnut and Fig Brie
- brie of choice — I used 3 small ones
- ⅓ cup raw hazelnuts or any nut you like
- 3 heaping tablespoons fig jam
- slices of fresh figs are optional
- thyme on top for garnish optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Chop up any nuts of choice and add them to a bowl with your favourite fig jam and mix it together.
- Take the brie and score of the top with a knife so that all of those flavours can infuse. Add the mixture on top and optionally you can add a slice of fig.
- You are more than welcome to present it like this on charcuterie or take the extra step and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes in the oven until completely melted.
- Enjoy it with a fresh baguette or crostini and live your life. This is best served fresh out of the oven as the cheese will harden as it cools. Enjoy