My easy 20 minute orzo pasta salad with a very special and secret ingredient. I have been asking you to guess the secret ingredient in this salad on my stories and so far no one has guessed correctly. Freshly squeezed orange juice is the secret ingredient in my recipe and it’s beyond incredible. I didn’t think anyone would get this right because I personally have never seen anyone use this ingredient in orzo salad which is definitely my special touch. This salad is the best pasta salad you will have for the summer and I know it will become your go-to. It is so incredibly light and refreshing and the freshly squeezed orange juice adds such an incredibly citrusy flavour but also a touch of sweetness as well. I promise you that this will become your favourite pasta salad to date. Please make sure you measure everything with your heart and taste and adjust if you need to.
Orzo Pasta Salad
- one small pack of orzo pasta — 340 grams
- salt for the boiling water for the orzo
- ¼ cup of olive oil — or to taste
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 diced mini cucumbers
- 2 finely diced Roma tomatoes — or cherry tomatoes
- ½ finely diced bell pepper — or use 3-4 of the different coloured mini bell peppers
- ½ of a finely diced red onion — I soaked mine in water for 20 minutes to take out the pungent taste
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley — to taste
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- salt to taste
- crumbled feta — measure with your heart
- Kalamata olives are recommended but I didn’t have any on hand
- Boil the orzo pasta in boiling salted water as per the package directions.
- Strain it and let it cool completely. Add the rest of the ingredients and give it a toss.
- I soaked my chopped red onion in water for 20 minutes to get rid of that pungent taste but you don’t have to. Enjoy