My beautiful Nutella Puff Pastry Christmas tree that has been a hit for years. This recipe is only three ingredients and even if you mess up, it will be delicious regardless. The ooey gooey Nutella on flakey puff pastry is a combination of flavours that I don’t want you to miss out on.
3 Ingredient Nutella Puff Pastry Christmas Tree
- two 10″ by 10 ” puff pastry sheets
- ½ cup nutella or so you can melt in microwave for easy spreading
- 1 egg + tablespoon water mixed for the egg wash
- icing sugar is optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Defrost the puff pastry as per your package instructions and transfer one sheet onto a baking sheet line with parchment paper. If anything sticks you can always dust it with flour.
- I melted my Nutella over a double boiler so that it’s very easy to spread but you can do that in the microwave as well. I added the Nutella onto my puff pastry sheet and spread it with the back of my spoon.
- I added my second puff pastry sheet on top of that and dusted the top with more flour. Now take a pizza cutter or a knife and cut it into a triange starting from the top cutting down towards each corner.
- The top right side scraps we can use to make our star shapes with our cookie cutter and the top left side of the dough we can lift, flip it and connect it with your triangle to make into a bigger triangle.
- Pinch it together as best as you can. Take the cutter and cut it into a tree shape but don’t discard the scraps as you can bake those too. You can now make cuts on each side of the tree and twist each one.
- Brush it with some egg wash or spray it with cooking spray, add the star shapes on top and brush them as well. Place any remaining scraps on the baking sheet and bake those too.
- Bake at 400F for 20 min or until golden. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy.