Mom’s Zucchini Ricotta Lasagna Rolls. This recipe is hands down one of my favourite recipes to make and always on rotation. These Lasagna rolls have gone viral quite a few times on my pages but they needed a new and improved video and voiceover which you will find linked below. This dish makes for the perfect easy lunch or dinner or even a side dish to some meatballs or kofte.
Easy Zucchini Lasagna Ricotta Rolls
- 4 zucchini’s I would slice 5 just to be safe
- light drizzle of olive oil or any oil
- ⅓ cup fresh ricotta 1/2 cup is also fine but you may have leftover filling
- 1 large egg optional
- ⅓ cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 3 basil leaves or to taste optional
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup mozzarella measure with your heart
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Wash the zucchini, pat dry and cut the ends. Cut each one into 4 slices. For the two end pieces we also like to cut a bit from the back of each one so that they lay flat and are easy to roll. Don’t discard any peeled scraps as you can use them in your cooking for other recipes.
- Set them on a baking sheet and drizzle each side with olive oil plus a dash of salt. Bake until they are soft which will take you 15-20 min or until soft. Mine took 20 minutes. Take them out and let them cool a touch setting them on a plate with paper towel.
- In a separate bowl add the ricotta, parm, egg, dash of salt and basil and mix. Take a small oven dish ( we used an 8 by 8 inch ) and add marinara sauce to cover the bottom – we used our own homemade sugo which is on my highlights but you can use any store bought like Rao’.
- Take each zucchini slice and add about a teaspoon of ricotta to each end and roll them up. Arrange them all in your baking dish, top with more marinara and some mozzarella. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until nice and melted. Enjoy.