My mom’s zucchini ricotta lasagna roll-ups since it’s zucchini season and I need you to make these. P.s 5 million views on these on TikTok and almost 2 million views on Instagram so THANK YOU. These are everything you want in a dish but more. My favourite recipe of all time as I am a huge lover of zucchini. This recipe makes 16 rolls but feel free to double it. You will need:
Mom’s Zucchini Ricotta Roll-ups
- 4 zucchini’s palm size
- olive oil or any oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 small egg optional
- 1/4 cup parmigiano
- basil optional
- pinch of salt to taste
- marinara sauce 1 cup or as much as you like
- 1/3 cup mozzarella as much as you like
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Wash the zucchini, pat dry and cut the ends. Cut each one into 4 slices. The two end pieces we also cut from the back of each one so that they lay flat and are easy to roll. Don’t discard any peeled scraps as you can use them in your cooking for other recipes.
- Set them on a baking sheet and drizzle each side with olive oil plus a dash of salt. Bake until they are soft which will take you 15-20 min. ours took 15 minutes. Take them out and let them cool a touch.
- In a separate bowl add the ricotta, parm, egg, dash of salt and basil and mix. Take a small pan ( we used 8 by 8 ) and add marinara sauce to cover the bottom ( we used our own homemade sugo which is on my highlights but you can use any store bought like Rao’s)
- Take each zucchini with the wider side facing you and add about a teaspoon of ricotta to each one and roll them up. Add them all to your baking dish, top with more marinara and some mozzarella. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until nice and melted. Enjoy.