Mom’s zucchini ricotta fritters. This recipe is absolutely a must in the summer when zucchini is in season. They are light, creamy, and perfect when paired with a green salad on the side. This dish is on rotation in my household and requires no fuss or mess at all when using my air-fryer. These pair perfectly with a refreshing yogurt sauce or a nice green salad on the side.
Mom’s Ricotta Fritters
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese 100 grams
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 grated medium zucchini 100 grams
- ½ cup parmigiano reggiano cheese 50 grams
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs 50 grams
- few basil leaves sliced, ripped or chopped
- Wash, dry the zucchini, and grate it. I used 1 zucchini for this recipe which yielded 1 cup total. Place the zucchini into a nut milk bag or use your hands and strain out as much water as you can. You can save the zucchini water for smoothies if you wish.
- In a separate bowl, add the ricotta, egg, salt, add the grated zucchini, parm, breadcrumbs and basil. Stir it really well until fully combined or use clean hands to incorporate it fully.
- Take a 1/4 cup measuring spoon and scoop out each portion in your hand. Roll the mixture into a ball and then shape into a disc. Repeat this step for each one, you should have 6 discs in total.
- Spray them on each side with cooking spray and air-fry at 400F for 10 minutes. Be sure to preheat the air fryer first if you have that setting and make sure you check on them at the 6-8 minute mark. Serve and enjoy.