My mom’s potato meatballs are so juicy and absolutely incredible and happen to be gluten-free. This here is home for me and something that I really look forward to having. The secret ingredient is graded potato instead of breadcrumbs which is absolutely magical to me. I hope you all enjoy these so please tag me on social media if you do. You will need:
Mom’s Bulgarian Potato Meatballs
- 450 grams 1 small pack ground meat
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium sized potatoes grated
- 1 medium egg
- salt pepper, paprika, oregano
- avocado oil or any oil for baking or frying
- Peel and grate your potatoes and squeeze out all of the water with your hands or in a cheese cloth. Add them to a bowl with the rest of your ingredients and mix everything really well with clean hands.
- Form your meatballs as big or as small as you like and fry them up once your oil is hot on medium-high.
- The frying time will depend on how big or small you made them but you can always cut a little piece off the end to see if they’re cooked.
- Ours usually take 4 to 5 minutes on each side and Enjoy.