Seriously incredible and my take on how I like it. If you haven’t ever had a panzanella salad before it’s a must. It’s also tomato season so there’s no better time. Traditionally the bread is toasted in the oven but I personally love the charred garlic flavour of doing it on a grill pan on the stove and it’s so much faster too. Feel free to add cucumber or balsamic vinegar if you wish but I personally like it like this. You are more than welcome to add anything you else you wish such as avocado and make it your own. Personally, you already know me and that feta is LIFE so I love it with feta or Burrata on top. For this recipe you will need:
Italian Panzanella Salad
- 6 inch French baguette — or any bread
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt to taste
- 3-4 heirloom tomatoes — or any
- few ripped basil leaves
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Cut the baguette in 5-6 slices and drizzle each side with a little bit of olive oil or avocado oil. Get a grill pan and on medium-high heat toast it on each side until charred.
- Cut your garlic in half and rub each slice with it. This will give our bread so much flavour. Cut the crostini into quarters or any size pieces you like.
- Cut the tomatoes, onion, and add it to a bowl with the basil, salt and olive oil and stir. Add your grilled crostini pieces and enjoy.