How to cut a whole pineapple in just 5 minutes. Welcome back to “Modern Mondays” Ep. 5 where I show you basic tutorials in the kitchen. We haven’t done an episode in a while and I knew this one was highly requested so I had to show you. Not only is buying a whole pineapple way more delicious, it’s also cheaper than buying pre-cut as well. It’s incredibly easy and it will take you anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Believe it or not, pineapple skin isn’t tough especially if you are using a sharp knife. Pineapple skin is extremely easy to cut through but not if your knifes are super dull so please be mindful of that. Picking a pineapple is easy but colour of the pineapple doesn’t tell you much about the ripeness. Look for a bit of yellow which should be at the base of the fruit. The body should never be too soft, it should be firm and slightly soft when you give it a squeeze. You can also put your nose near the stem of the pineapple, It should smell aromatic, sweet, and tropical. If there’s no scent at all, this is a sign that the pineapple’s not ripe. A vinegary or alcoholic smell means it has probably gone bad. Weight is also something to consider when choosing the right pineapple. Like many fruits, the heavier the fruit, the better.
How to Cut a Whole Pineapple in Just 5 Minutes
- whole pineapple
- Cut a little bit off of each end of the pineapple and discad it.
- Place it bottom side down and with a sharp knife start cutting the outer skin starting from the top gliding the knife all the way to the bottom. You are going to do this all around the pineapple.
- If there’s any skin left once you are done cutting off the majority, you can fix it and clean it up at the end.
- Now cut the fruit from the core cutting it down on all 4 sides make sure the knife slides down closest to the core.
- You will need to discard the core and compost it.
- You should be left with 4 pieces of beautiful fruit which you can slice or dice. Serve it or refrigerate it and enjoy.