These Hot Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings will blow you away. They are incredibly easy to make as we are using a few store bought ingredients to make life easier. Although you can absolutely make your own homemade barbecue sauce, I am sharing this recipe for anyone that doesn’t have the time to do so. These wings are sweet with a hint of spice, which will make your palate very happy. You can buy store bought hot honey or use a tablespoon from my hot honey recipe which I will link here. Feel free to also to double or triple this recipe if you are a family of 4 as I know you won’t be able to get enough. You can alternatively make these into mild honey garlic barbecue wings, which I will leave all my tips for in the notes below.
Hot Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 2.5 lbs of chicken wings I used 13 wings for this recipe
- 3 tablespoons of avocado oil or any you like
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper measure with your heart
- ¼ cup of rosé wine white wine is fine or omit completely
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce use your favourite sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hot honey store bought or my recipe
- sesame seeds for presentation
- Add the wings, oil, seasonings, and wine to a bowl. Give it a nice massage. For best results, let it marinate anywhere from 30 minutes on the counter or covered overnight in the fridge.
- Place them on a hot oiled barbecue grill (oil up the grill with neutral oil if it sticks) and cook the wings on the bbq on medium heat for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked as you turn them a few times on each side.
- In a separate bowl mix your favourite barbecue sauce with hot honey.
- Take the wings off the grill and toss them in the sauce.
- Enjoy with extra hot honey on the side.