Why spend the money when you can make your own homemade oat milk. 5 minutes from start to finish and you can absolutely adjust the ingredients and how thick or thin you like it. There are a few very important tips to making this non-slimy so please read my notes below. You will need:
Homemade Oat Milk
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 3 cups freezing cold filtered water — or less depending on how thick you like it
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or date syrup — any sweetener works
- pinch of salt
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and make sure your water is freezing cold. Blend for 25 to 30 seconds maximum, you do not want to over blend this because you can be left with a very gummy milk.
- You can use any sweetener of choice and adjust the water according to how thick or thin you like your milk.
- Gently strain it through a nut milk bag or a cheese cloth and store in a mason jar in your refrigerator.
- Shake well before each use as it separates. Enjoy.