These are the perfect festive holiday cookies. This cookie recipe takes 5 minutes to whip up and 1 second to devour. If you love chocolate chip cookies, you will absolutely love this festive touch. I used Christmas m and m’s which are red and green to get into the Holiday Spirit. The only thing I ask of you when baking cookies is to enjoy the process and have FUN!
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter 1/2 cup
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour 226 grams
- ½ cup holiday m&m ‘s or festive sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. You are more than welcome to use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- In your stand mixer cream the butter and the sugars together until nice and smooth.
- Add the egg and pure vanilla extract, mix for about a minute again on medium-low speed.
- Gradually begin to add the flour, baking soda, pinch of salt, and mix on medium low speed until a tacky dough forms.
- Mix or fold in the m&m’s and take a spoon or an ice-cream scoop and scoop out 24 small cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also make 12 large cookies as well but the baking time may increase.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden. Enjoy and don’t forget to share this recipe with your love ones.