Holiday Charcuterie with my best friend Lea. This is part 1 of “cooking with my best friend” series and I hope you love it. I love making charcuterie because it’s so versatile and you can use anything you have on hand. Please feel free to hold the screen and pause the video at any point to replicate this same platter if you want to. I will list the ingredients below in the same order that we placed them but feel free to use any cheese of choice. You will need:
Holiday Charcuterie Board
- 6 salami pieces for the rose
- 1/2 of a small brie cut in triangles
- piece of merlot cheese or any
- piece of any cranberry cheese of choice
- artisan crisps or any
- Medjool dates
- round crackers
- 2 small jars of jam of choice
- prosciutto folded into quarters
- pomegranate seeds to fill in
- 3-4 Ferrero Rocher’s
- pistachios or any nuts
- lavender rosemary or thyme sprigs for presentation
- Take a glass and start arranging the salami in a circle, flip it over to form a rose and place it in the middle.
- Add the sliced brie on the side and add the two other cheeses on the opposite sides and crumble a little bit of each one if you wish.
- Take a pack of artisan crisps and place them between the two hard cheeses. Add Medjool dates on both sides of the plate and some grapes along the plate.
- Place some round crackers along the side of the soft brie cheese and place the two small jars of jam — one beside the brie and one beside the two other hard cheeses.
- It is important to separate colours and ingredients so that you have contrast. You can now fold the prosciutto in quarters and arrange it alongside of the plate.
- Place pomegranate seeds along the sides and fill in any empty spots with it too.
- We added some Ferrero rocher chocolates and pistachios.
- Garnish with rosemary, thyme or lavender sprigs and enjoy.