Perfect for meal prep on its own or accompanied by any choice of protein. I really need you to trust me on this and if you are not a lover of quinoa I totally understand where you’re coming from. I never liked quinoa as many times as I tried it and something about the smell set me off. I was determined to make it taste amazing and to fall in love as I now have. If you follow my steps and make it exactly how I’m showing you I totally believe I can convert you. I made a poll the other day about what you all would like to see and the most common answer was “salads” and I am here to deliver. For this dish you will need:
Herbed Cranberry Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa rinsed really well
- 2 cups water + dash of salt
- finely diced mint + parsley to taste 1/4 cup total
- ½ finely diced cucumber
- 1/2-1 squeezed lemon juice to taste
- pinch of salt for the salad
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- cranberry goat cheese or feta is optional you can use any cheese
- Rinse the quinoa really well under water for at least 3 to 5 minutes. Add it to a pot with water and a dash of salt.
- Let it come to a boil and as soon as it’s boiling reduce the heat to low cover it and let it simmer for 14 to 16 minutes or until it’s nice and fluffy and the water has evaporated.
- Let it cool a bit and in the meantime you can finally diced your herbs and cucumber.
- Add the cold quinoa to a bowl with the finely diced herbs, cucumber, and salt to taste, lemon juice, olive oil and stir.
- Top off with goat cheese or any toasted nuts too. Enjoy.