The heartiest most comforting and healthy vegetable beef soup using my secret weapon, Kettle and Fire organic beef broth. It is a high quality beef broth that’s rich, savoury and better than your average stock. It’s chef made with 100% grass-fed beef, all natural, and is gluten-free. No additives or preservatives, no antibiotics or hormones no artificial flavors or colours and no extra sodium. This soup is my go-to soup for the cooler rainy or snowy months. It’s like “home” in a bowl. Here’s how you make it:
Healthy vegetable beef soup
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- small pack stewing beef — 0.400 kg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 finely diced onion
- 2 finely diced celery stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 small diced potatoes
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- parsley for garnish
- In a pot on the stove on medium-high heat add the oil and make sure it gets hot. Add the beef stew pieces and make sure they sizzle as they hit the oil without overcrowding the pot.
- We want a nice caramelization on each side for extra flavour. Season the meat with salt and pepper on each side and once it’s browned remove it and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and In the same pot add the onions, celery and stir. Add the garlic and stir. Pour a tiny splash of water or stock to deglaze the pot and add in the tomato sauce and italian seasoning.
- You can now add the meat back in and pour over the beef broth and water. Add a bay leaf, let it come to a boil, reduce the heat to low and partially cover it and let it go for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours add the potatoes and carrots and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and parsley the last 5 minutes, take it off the heat and enjoy.