Healthy Breakfast Skillet with Potatoes: this is my go-to clean out the fridge type of breakfast whenever I am running low on groceries. You can use anything you have on hand and improvise according to your taste buds. Please note that everyone has a different opinion on what they consider “healthy” so what might be healthy to me, might not be healthy to you — for example some people don’t consider eggs healthy and that’s okay. Feel free to make this healthy to you and improvise accordingly. You will need:
Healthy Breakfast Skillet with Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ finely diced bell pepper
- 1 medium finely diced potato
- 1 small finely diced onion
- salt pepper, Italian seasoning to taste
- 2-3 eggs — quantity up to you
- paprika is optional
- finely chopped dill parsley, or cilantro
- On medium-high heat add avocado oil or any oil of choice and let it get hot. Add the onions potatoes and bell peppers and reduce the heat to medium-low. Season, stir and sauté for a few minutes.
- Cover with a lid until the potatoes are almost cooked which should take 3-4 minutes. You can always check on them and taste if you need to.
- After the potatoes are almost fully cooked you can gently crack in the eggs. Cover with a lid until they are to your desired consistency. Mine took 5-6 minutes for a runny yolk.
- I added a touch more salt, and paprika on top of my eggs and garnished with dill. If I had feta on hand I would be sprinkling it in as well but that’s totally up to you. Enjoy.