When you ask, I listen. When my one banana oat muffins went viral, you asked me for an oat substitute, so I am here to deliver. These healthy almond breakfast muffins are not only easy, but they are also absolutely delicious. This recipe is so versatile and only has a few ingredients which you probably have on hand. You can add any fillings you like such as nuts, berries, or chocolate chips. Feel free to experiment and make these to taste. I personally love enjoying them with some salted butter and honey while they are warm but you can absolutely top them off with extra nut/seed butter or even jam. Feel free to double or triple the recipe as this recipe makes 4 medium-sized muffins.
Healthy Almond Breakfast Muffins
- 1 large ripe mashed banana
- ⅓ cup natural almond butter or any nut/seed butter of choice
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup blanched almond flour should be fine and light yellow
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Mash one ripe banana, add the egg, almond butter and pure vanilla extract. Give it a stir and add the almond flour and baking powder.
- Stir again, pour into a muffin tin lined with parchment paper. I get 4 medium muffins out of this recipe so feel free to double or triple it.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with salted butter or anything you like.
The riper the banana, the sweeter the muffins will be. If you use a small banana you may need to use ¼ cup of almond flour instead so please adjust. You can store these on the counter but they don’t last me for more than a day.
I love them with salted butter when they are hot out of the oven but you can also enjoy them with some more nut butter, honey, or jam. If you want a sweet chocolate breakfast muffin feel free to add mini chocolate chips to the batter before you bake them. Baking time will depend on the oven so keep an eye on these.