This is chocolate heaven in a bowl, unlike my other chia pudding that keeps the chia seeds whole, this one is smooth and velvety. Chia seeds have 15g of fibre and this is 270 calories for those who wanted to know based on this exact recipe. Chia seeds are also an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. If you love that smooth and frothy pudding or mousse texture you will absolutely love this. The recipe makes 1 large portion. You will need:
Healthiest Chocolate Pudding or Mousse
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup — sweetener quantity up to you
- 1/2 -3/4 tablespoon unsweetened cacao
- 200 ml almond or any milk of choice — I used a touch less than a cup
- To a bowl or mason jar, add the chia seeds, maple syrup, cacao and stir. Add the milk and whisk really well, wait 15 minutes for it to thicken and whisk well again.
- Stirring it twice will prevent clumping. Refrigerate until it thickens anywhere from 2- 8 hours or until it reaches desired texture. Once it’s thick you can now blend it for 30 seconds and pour it out.
- You can top it off with additional sweetener or any toppings that you like. You can definitely prep these and make a bigger batch as it will last 3-4 days in the fridge. Enjoy.