This is everything you need for fall and more. If you don’t like pumpkin spice you can simply leave it out or use cinnamon instead. Secret ingredient in these is one medium sized sweet potato which you will never even taste. If you don’t believe me I encourage you to make them and not tell your loved ones what’s in them and you will see that they will never even know. These are gluten-free and dairy-free and absolutely incredible. You will need:
Healthier Pumpkin Pie Spice Donuts
- 1 medium sweet potato — 2 cups
- 2 medium-large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut sugar— or any
- ¼ coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
For the glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5-2 tablespoons nut milk or any milk
- Peel one medium size sweet potato and roughly chop it. Add it to a food processor and process until its fine.
- If you don’t have a food processor you are more than welcome to grate the sweet potato and mix everything in a bowl.
- Once you processed the sweet potato you can add the rest of the ingredients. Process for 30 seconds, open it up and scrape it down and process again until it’s all combined.
- Grab a piping bag or a zip lock bag and add in the mixture. Snip off the tip and pipe it into your sprayed donut pan.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes. Let it cool and make your glaze in a separate bowl. Dip in your donuts, enjoy.