These healthier breakfast tacos have been on rotation for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for weeks. I just can’t get enough of how amazing they taste, and how easy they are to make. If you have a few minutes on hand, you can make these, and even prep the ingredients ahead of time too. This recipe makes two tacos so please feel free to adjust. I used the 6 inch gluten-free almond flour tortillas by “ siete ” which I purchased online, but feel free to use any tortilla you love. You can make this recipe with any veggies you have on hand such as sautéed mushrooms, hot peppers, or anything else you enjoy. I hope you give these a try, and please leave me a comment if you do.
Healthier Breakfast Tacos
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil + 1 teaspoon for the eggs
- ½ of a sliced yellow onion
- 1 sliced sweet or hot green pepper I used Sheppard, but you can use any you enjoy
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 six inch tortillas I used almond flour by Siete, but you can use any
- feta or cream cheese to taste
- Slice the onion and pepper. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Sauté the onions and pepper for a few minutes. They should have some colour, but also still have a bit of a bite to them. Add a small pinch of salt and remove from the heat.
- Place the sautéed veggies in a bowl/plate, set aside. In the same pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil if the pan is dry. Whisk two eggs and add them in.
- Scramble the eggs, add a pinch of salt and remove onto a plate. In that same pan again, warm up the tortillas one at a time for 15 seconds on each side.
- Remove from the heat and assemble. I like to add a small handful of feta to the bottom of one tortilla, then 1/2 of my scrambled egg, and some of the veggies on top. Repeat the assembly for the second tortilla, and enjoy.