This here is everything I love in a comforting crumble, but more. I absolutely love anything that involves the word crumble* and if we can make it a touch healthier but just as delicious, it’s a win-win for me. For this recipe you will need:
Healthier and Easy Berry Crumble
- 3.5-4 cups of fresh berries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour or any
- 1.5 tablespoons avocado oil or any
- Wash your berries, cut up your strawberries, and add them to a 9 x 13” dish. You can use any dish you have on hand, just make sure you have enough berries to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle your flour on top and mix and sprinkle in your cinnamon. In a separate bowl mix in your rolled oats, I used extra thick but you could use any, maple syrup, salt and almond flour.
- With a spoon top off your berries and make sure that they are all coated and press your oats down with a back of a spoon so that they are compact.
- Brush on your oil of choice and bake in a preheated to 350° oven for 45 to 50 minutes, and if your oats are not golden on top you can put it on broil for the last 1 to 2 minutes but make sure you keep an eye on it.
- Serve on its own, with a plant-based ice cream, yogurt, froyo, or anything you like. Enjoy.